Baked Oatmeal

I am not a fan of breakfast foods at all.  Cereal, pancakes, eggs....ick....  But, I am trying to be healthier this year, and I would like to drop a few pounds over the next few months.  I found a recipe for Baked Oatmeal online and it sounded delicious, but was NOT healthy at all.  So, I made up my own based on the one I found.  And it is DELICIOUS.  Seriously, I am still eating it but had to come post the recipe right away, it is that good!  I baked this & cut it into 8 portions and according to MyFitnessPal it has 189 cal & 6g of protein.  I am thinking of getting some protein powder to add to it to up the protein factor.  Anyway, I put one serving in a bowl with 1/3 c of skim milk & 1/2 pkt of Truvia...microwaved it for 1 minute...and am now trying hard to NOT go back for seconds.  Here's the recipe:

Baked Oatmeal

3 c oatmeal (I used quick cooking)
2 tsp cinnamon
2 tsp baking powder
1 c skim milk
1/ c natural applesauce
1 egg
2 tsp vanilla extract
3/4 c dried cranberries

Mix oats, cinnamon & baking powder in a bowl.  Mix together milk, applesauce, beaten egg & vanilla.  Add to the oats, add cranberries & mix together.  Spread in a greased 9x13 pan and bake at 350 for 40 minutes.  That's it.  I chopped the cranberries up so they were smaller.  This is not sweet at all (the original recipe called for brown sugar).

Comments