1 jar (24-26 oz or 680-700 mL) marinara sauce
3 cups (750 mL) water
8 oz (250 g) lasagna noodles
1 lb (500 g) bulk hot Italian turkey sausage or sausage links, casings removed
2 garlic cloves, pressed
2 oz (60 g) Parmesan cheese
2 tbsp (30 mL) chopped fresh parsley, divided
1 cup (250 mL) fresh whole milk ricotta cheese (about 8 oz/250 g, see Chef's Corner)
1/2 cup (125 mL) shredded mozzarella cheese
1/4 tsp (1 mL) coarsely ground black pepper
Additional grated Parmesan cheese (optional)
1. Combine sauce and water in (12-in./30-cm) Skillet. Cover; bring to a boil.
2. Meanwhile, wrap noodles in clean kitchen towel and break crosswise into quarters. Stir noodles into sauce. Cover; reduce heat and simmer 16-18 minutes or until noodles are tender, stirring occasionally.
3. As noodles cook, place sausage into (10-in./25-cm) Skillet; cook and stir over medium-high heat 6-8 minutes or until sausage is no longer pink, breaking into crumbles using Mix 'N Chop. Add pressed garlic; cook 1 minute. Remove from heat. Stir sausage into noodles and sauce.
4. Meanwhile, grate Parmesan cheese using Deluxe Cheese Grater. Chop parsley using Santoku Knife; set aside 1 tbsp (15 mL) parsley for garnish. Combine cheeses, remaining parsley and black pepper in Classic Batter Bowl. Scoop cheese mixture over noodles using Medium Scoop. Cover Skillet and simmer gently 3-5 minutes or until cheese is melted and ricotta mixture is heated through.
5. To serve, sprinkle lasagna with reserved parsley and additional Parmesan cheese, if desired.
Yield: 6 servings