Healthy Cheese-Like Sauce

Healthy Cheese-Like Sauce
Ingredients
Instructions
  1. Place 1 cup water and next 9 ingredients (cashews through tahini) in blender and blend until very, very smooth. (A high-powered blender works best for this.)
  2. Add oil and blend well.
  3. Add tapioca starch or corn starch. Blend until well mixed.
  4. Pour into medium/large sauce pan. Rinse blender with remaining 1 3/4 cups water and add to sauce pan.  
  5. Bring to boil over medium/high heat, stirring constantly, until mixture is thick and bubbly.
  6. Remove from heat.
  7. Serve warm or chilled.

The original recipe for this can be found here http://jenniferskitchen.com/2014/04/healthy-cheese-sauce.html . I made a few changes to suit my tastes.  I added the nutritional yeast for a more cheesy flavor, cut back on the salt (because the nutritional yeast is salty) and added the tumeric for color.  I am going to try this the next time without the oil, I am not sure it needs it. 

Comments